- 1 1/2 lb Eggplant
- 3 tb Lemon juice
- 1 ts Salt
- 2 ts Minced fresh garlic
- 3 tb Sesame tahini (optional: substitute yogurt or sour cream)
- 1/4 c Chopped parsley
- 1/2 c Toasted pine nuts
- 2 tb Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prick eggplant all over with a fork. Bake whole until tender (about 30 minutes). Remove from oven, halve and scoop out the flesh.
- Blend in a food processor with the lemon juice until smooth. Mash the salt and garlic together and combine with the eggplant, along with the tahini.
- Cool and stir in the parsley and pine nuts.
- Before serving, drizzle with the olive oil. Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or triangles of flat (pita) bread.