- 1 x Med Eggplant, peeled *
- 1/4 c Tahini
- 1 T Lemon juice
- 1 x Clove garlic
- 1/4 t Black Pepper
- 1 ds Ground Cumin
- 2 T Sesame seeds
- 2 T Finely chopped fresh Parsley
- And cut into 1/2″ cubes (about 3 cups) Steam eggplant until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Place cooked eggplant in food processor. Add tahini (sesame paste),lemon juice, and garlic.
- Puree. Stir in remaining ingredients; spoon into serving bowl.
- Garnish with parsley sprig. Serve warm or chill.
- Makes 2 cups.
HINTS: – smaller eggplants have thinner peels and a sweeter flavor. Select those with firm skin free of soft spots. ~ store sesame seeds in cool, dark place in refrigerator.