- 17 oz Dark sweet cherries, under-Ained (pitted or unpitted) 1 T Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 t Lemon juice
- 1 t Grated lemon peel
- 1 Drain cherry juice into a deep, 1-quart, heat-resistant, non- metallic casserole.
- Set cherries aside. Blend cornstarch into cherry juice until smooth.
- Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes or until thickened and clear. Stir occasionally.
- Add cherries, lemon juice and lemon peel to thickened cherry juice. Stir to combine.
- Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 1 minute or until sauce bubbles and cherries are hot.
- Spoon over ice-cream or cake. Makes 2 cups Variation: If desired, sauce may be made from canned blue- berries, strawberries, raspberries, pineapple or diced peaches. Cherries Jubilee: Heat 1/4 cup brandy in Microwave Oven in a heat-resistant, non-metallic long-handled dish or spoon 20 seconds Ignite brandy and pour over cherry sauce. Spoon over ice cream.
Tip: If a heat-resistant, non-metallic spoon is not available brandy may be heated in any heat-resistant, non-metallic vessel and transferred to a long-handled ladle before igniting.