- 1 lb Chicken, beef or calf liver
- (broiled) 4 tb Chicken fat
- 2 sm Onions, diced
- 2 ea Eggs, hard cooked
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Pepper
- Wash the liver after broiling. Heat 2 tb of fat in a skillet and saute the onions.
- reserve the onions and saute the livers in the remaining fat.
- grind or chop the livers, onions and eggs and mix them to a smooth paste.
- add the salt and pepper, and additional fat, if desired. blend the mixture well. serve on crackers or matzoh, on lettuce or as a filling for celery stalks.