Easy Banana Cream Pie
- 1/4 c Cornstarch
- 2/3 c Sugar
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 2 c milk; warmed
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tb Butter
- 1/2 ts vanilla extract
- 3 bananas; sliced
- 1.9 inch pie shell; baked
- 1 sweetened whipped cream
- Combine cornstarch, sugar and salt in top of double boiler.
- Gradually whisk in milk. Cook over simmering water, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Mixture must boil to thicken.
- Lightly beat egg yolks in small bowl. Slowly add about 1/4 cup hot mixture to egg yolks and mix well.
- Stir egg yolks back into milk mixture in double boiler and cook 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then stir in butter and vanilla until butter melts. Add banana slices.
- Pour into cooled baked pie shell and chill until set, about 1-1/2 hours. Top with sweetened whipped creawm.
Contributor: The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Baking – Emily Nolan and