Fresh Apple Cake
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 ts baking powder
- 1 ts baking soda
- 1 ts Salt
- 1 ts cinnamon, ground
- 1 ts nutmeg, ground
- 1 ts vanilla
- 4 cups apples, delicious, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped —Cream cheese frosting—
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 package
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 ts vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- This cake is very moist and is a fall favorite for picnics and potlucks.
- Cake: Combine oil and sugar. Beat in eggs. Sift together dry ingredients and add to the egg mixture. Bake in a 13 x 9 inch pan at 325 for 55 minutes.
- Cool and ice with cream cheese frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- In a large bowl beat sugar, cream cheese, and butter until whipped and smooth. Add vanilla and stir in pecans.
Recipe by: Governor Fob James, Jr., Alabama