- 12 Squid
- Flour, for dusting Oil, for frying 2 Lemons
- Salt (to taste) Pepper (to taste)
- Remove the skeletal structures from the squid and scrape the skin away with the dull side of a knife down to the white flesh.
- Cut the squid into pieces and rinse in cold water.
- Drain and dredge the squid in flour, shaking off the excess.
- Carefully fry in hot oil until golden brown. Do not crowd the pot. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Source: Great Chefs of New Orleans, Tele-record Productions : Box 71112, New Orleans, Louisiana – 1983 : Chef Goffredo Fraccaro, La Riviera Restaurant, New Orleans