Italian Tomato Sauce
- 2 tb Olive oil
- 1 md Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 15 oz Can tomato sauce
- 1/2 ts Dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 ts Sugar
- 1/2 ts Dried oregano leaves
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Pepper
- Place olive oil, onion and garlic in a deep, 1 1/2-quart heat resistant, non-metallic casserole. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes or until onion is tender; stir occasionally
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 5 to 7 minutes or until sauce bubbles.
- Makes 2 1/2 cups