Maryland Crab Cakes
- 6 sl White bread
- 3/4 c Olive oil
- 3 Eggs–seperated
- 1/4 ts Dry mustard
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 2 ts Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 lb Crab meat
- 3 tb Butter
- Maryland Crab Cakes Trim crusts from bread and lay slices on a shallow platter.
- Pour oil over them and let stand until bread is thoroughly saturated.
- Use forks to break into small pieces. Combine egg yolks with mustard, salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Beat lightly. Stir in bread and crab meat, gently fold in stiffly beaten egg whites, and shape mixture into patties.
- Sprinkle with paprika and saute in heated butter until golden on both sides.