- 3 tb Butter
- 1 tb Corn oil
- 1 lg Onion, chopped
- 2 Stalks celery, sliced thinly
- 3 Carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 tb Curry Powder
- 2 tb All-purpose flour
- 5 c Chicken stock
- 2 tb Long grain white rice
- 2 Tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 8 oz Cooked chicken, diced
- 1 sm Cooking apple, peeled, cored, diced Salt to taste
- Fresh celery leaves (opt) Carrot strip (opt) Heat butter and oil in a saucepan
- Add onion, celery and carrots; cook gently 5 minutes. Stir in Curry Powder and flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in stock and bring to a boil; add rice and stir well.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, chicken, apple and salt. Cover again and simmer 15 minutes.
- Garnish with celery leaves and carrot strip, if desired, and serve hot.