- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs — lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 ts vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 ts baking soda
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in peanuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until browned and almost set (centers will be soft). Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield 4 dozen.