- 1/2 c Vegetable oil
- 1 pk Froz. chopped spinach,thawed
- 1 ts Dill
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 Small tomato, diced
- 8 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 oz Cream cheese, softened
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lb Frozen Phyllo dough
- 1 c Butter, melted
- Thaw according to pkg instructions (may be refrozen)
- Cut Phyllo dough into 6″x9″ strips; cover w/wax paper with a damp towel over all.
- If dough gets too wet or dry, it will be unworkable – but it’s not difficult once you get used to it.
- PREPARE FILLING – In oil, saute spinach, dill garlic & tomato until tender. Add cheeses & pepper.
- Mix thoroughly until ingredients are hot; cool slightly.
- ASSEMBLY – Brush 1 strip of Phyllo dough (it’s VERY thin, don’t worry if it tears a little) with melted butter.
- Place ts of filling at 1 end. Fold into small triangles (as if folding a flag). Continue folding triangle over & over to end of Phyllo strip.
- Brush top w/melted butter. Repeat for each strip.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 15-20 min. or until tops are lt. brown
- May be frozen at this point – freeze 1 layer on cookie sheet, store in freezerproof bag–handy to have!!!
I have received many compliments with these! Denise/Syracuse, NY