- 1/2 lb Ground Pork
- 1 ts Soy Sauce
- 1 ts Dry Sherry
- 1/2 ts Garlic Salt
- 2 tb Vegetable Oil
- 3 c Fresh Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 c Sliced Onion
- 1 tb Soy Sauce
- 1 tb Cornstarch
- 3/4 c Water, Divided
- 8 Sheets Egg Roll Skins
- 1/2 c Prepared Biscuit Mix
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- Vegetable Oil For Frying Hot Mustard Tomato Catsup Soy Sauce Combine pork, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, sherry and garlic salt; mix well.
- Let stand 15 minutes. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in hot wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; brown pork mixture in hot oil.
- Add bean sprouts, onion and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Stir-fry until vegetables are tender-crisp; drain and cool.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup water. Place about 1/3 cupful pork mixture on lower half of egg roll skin.
- Moisten left and right edges withcornstarch mixture. Fold bottom edge up to just cover filling.
- Fold left and right edges 1/2 inch over; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Moisten top egde with cornstarch mixture and seal. Complete all rolls.
- Combine biscuit mix, egg and remaining 1/2 cup water in small bowl; dip each roll in batter.
- Heat oil for frying in wok or large saucepan over medium-high heat to 370oF.
- Deep fry rolls, a few at a time, in hot oil 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown, turning often.
- Drain on paper towwels.
Slice each roll into 4 pieces. Serve with hot mustard, catsup and soy sauce as desired. Typed by Syd Bigger.