- 10 lg Pickled jalapenos
- 10 each Cheddar cheese, pieces
- 2 each Egg whites, beaten
- 3 tablespoon Cornmeal
- 3 tablespoon Flour
- 1 Oil for deep-frying
- Slit the sides of the peppers, and scrape out the seeds.
- Stuff with triangular pieces of cheddar cheese cut to fit the individual peppers.
- Dip peppers in an egg wash then into a mixture of half cornmeal and half flour.
- Repeat, and allow to dry for about 15 minutes.
- Deep fry in hot oil until the peppers are lightly browned, and the cheese is just melting.
- Drain on absorbent paper, and serve.
- You can also use a crabmeat or shrimp salad stuffing for these.