Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 c Sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 3/4 c Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c Walnut pieces
- 2 lg Garlic cloves; halved
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 c Warm olive oil
- To make 2 cups of pesto: Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add tomatoes, and pulse 2 or 3 times or until tomatoes are chopped.
- Add Parmesan cheese and next 4 ingredients. Top with cover and process until smooth.
- With processor running, pour warm oil through food chute in a slow, steady stream, processing until combined.
- Use immediately, or place in an airtight container, and refrigerate up to 1 week. Serve over hot pasta.
- Suggested uses for tomato pesto: o Stir 1/4 cup pesto into one 8-oz. carton of sour cream for an instant dip for vegetables.
- Try pesto as an omelet filling. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the sauce over half of a three-egg omelet; fold omelet over, and serve. o Stir 3 tablespoons pesto into 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter.
- Serve the pesto butter as a bread spread, or toss it with hot vegetables.
Typed for you by Karen Mintzias