- 1/2 c Bulgur; dry
- 1 c Water; boiling
- 1 Tomato; chopped
- 1/2 c Fresh parsley; chopped
- 2 tb Lemon juice
- 1/8 ts Garlic powder
- 1/4 c Green onions; chopped (about 3 green onions)
- 1/4 c Fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 c Garbanzo beans, cooked
- Put the bulgur in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour the boiling water over the bulgur. Mix.
- Cover with a towel and let stand for 1 hour. After 1 hour the excess water should be removed.
- The easiest way to do this is to pour the bulgur and water into a fine mesh strainer.
- Let the water drain off, pressing the bulgur with your hands to remove as much of the excess water as possible.
- Place the drained bulgur in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Toss well to mix. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
HELPFUL HINTS: This is a great make-ahead dish, easy to take to a pot-luck dinner or picnic. Try it stuffed in pita bread for a different sandwich idea. This recipe can be doubled or quadrupled easily for larger amounts. Keeps well in regrigerator. Sue Smith