- 2 1/2 lb Broiler-fryer chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 c Soy sauce
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1/4 c Sake (Japanese rice wine) or cooking sherry 1/4 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Monosodium glutamate (opt)
- 1 tb Vegetable oil
- 1 ts Grated fresh ginger root
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Marinate chicken pieces 3 to 4 hours.
- Place chicken skin-side-down in a deep, 3-quart, heat- resistant, non-metallic baking dish and heat in Microwave Oven 12 minutes.
- Turn chicken skin-side-up and heat an additional 6 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender. Baste occasionally with sauce.