- 1 c Cream of wheat
- 1 Onions cut lengthwise
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Mustard seeds
- 1/8 ts Urad dal
- 1 Cashew-nut
- 1/4 Lemon
- 1/2 c Peas
- 1 Pod Garlic
- 1/8 Inch ginger
- 1 Green chilli cut into small Pieces
- Cook a vegetable mix with potatoes, peas, green chillies and lots of masala. Check for salt, before you stuff it in the pastry roll; no way to rectify it later.
- Thaw the roll for about 10 minutes before unfolding.
- After the pastry roll has thawed, open it out on a flat sheet and roll it with a pin to make it a little thinner. The pastry sheet would now be about 12” x 12”.
- Cut the sheet into 6 pieces.
- Place about 2-3 table spoons of the cooked vegetable and fold the sheet around it. Seal all the corners by pressing the sheets together and applying a little water.
- Stick it into a pre-heated oven (350 F) for about 20-30 minutes or till it browns. Make sure that you flip it around every 5-10 minutes
Recipe By : Somesh Rao